A tree house as a children's paradise
For most children, having their own tree house in the garden is the greatest there is. An own small house mounted in the treetops, to which only they have access, is the childhood dream par excellence. This dream does not have to be unfulfilled. With a little craftsmanship, the right materials and above all suitable tools, every garden owner can build his own tree or garden house himself.
With our helpful tips, the "Build Tree House Project" is even easier to implement.
DIY projects: Building a tree house yourself
The main basic rules for the construction of a tree house
Anyone who decides to build their own tree house for the children must plan this in advance and measure their existing capacities. In addition, it is important that you have the necessary, professional working material, which primarily include machine tools such as saws, drills or the like. A wide range of tools and mounting materials are available, i.a. at engelbert strauss, a shop that specializes in working materials for companies and larger construction projects. Other criteria that a layman should consider when building a tree house are:
- Tree quality: A tree house should only be placed on trees that can carry the weight uncomplicated. Suitable trees are beech, maple, pine or oak, whose trunk is at least 40 cm in diameter.
- Mindfulness: Nails and screws should be used as little as possible so that the tree is not damaged during the project. (use only stainless steel screws)
- Planning: The hobby craftsman must adapt to the conditions of the tree and the construction area and measure these in advance. Factors such as sufficient sunlight and annoying bothering must be included in the planning.
- Take time: Not only is the relevant material important for the construction of a tree house, but the owner also takes sufficient time for his construction project. At least 2 weeks should be budgeted for planning and implementation.
- Tools: The most important equipment includes a ladder, a spirit level, a saw, a cordless screwdriver, a hammer, nails and steel screws. All of this should be within easy reach while building. Seat belts or safety ropes are also recommended.
- Wood quality: High quality wood should be used as building material, ideally larch wood. This should then be tailored to measure.
For the entire construction process, safety should come first. These include a stable screwed platform on which the tree house stands and a railing railing for protection. Children should not injure themselves, so it is also important that the wooden boards are well sanded. Also not insignificant: the look of the tree house. A colorful painting and many windows for an intense light work wonders.